Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vertical Babington (final test run)

Vertical Babington (final test run) Video Clips. Duration : 9.73 Mins.


This is the real test run with most of the automated controls. I still have to manually operate the starting solenoid, but I'm working on that. I'm running out of space in the electrical cabinet and I'm thinking of buying a Siemens LOGO to automate the controls. This way I can change things much easier without changing all the wires. I use the in-line heater now for heating up the oil instead of the deep fryer. This way the oil is on starting temperature within 2 minutes or so. I had to add a little stainless steel tank to allow the gasses to escape before the oil enters the combustion chamber in the burner head. It seems that heating up the oil quickly make gasses in the oil and that disturbs the oil pool inside the oil pool. all in all it seems to work pretty good and I'm happy with the result. It takes approx 3 to 4 hours to heat up the water in the 50 gallon oil drum from 12 degree Celsius to 60 degree Celsius. I think that takes to long and I'm planning to make a new heat exchanger. I still lose a lot of heat through the chimney and I think that's a waste. I'm using waste engine oil for fuel but that does not mean that I can waste it!. Fuel consumption is 3/4 of a litre on low pressure and approx 1 litre on high ( 2 and 3 Bar air pressure)

Keywords: waste, oil, WMO, Babington, free, heat, burner, Redkrabby

No comments:

Post a Comment